Eye Doctor in Encino, California | Eye exams, Lasik, cataracts, glaucoma, blepharoplasty, dry eyes, BOTOX, Juvederm, Restylane
About Your Doctor
Doctor Irina Ganelis, M.D. is the founder and medical director of Los Angeles Eye Institute. She founded this eye care and surgery center to be a premier institute leading in not only in experience, expertise and advanced technology but also in the most ethical, humane, gentle, respectful and kind treatment of our patients. Everybody is treated as family and friends and our patients’ interests and comfort are foremost important to us. No part of the surgery or exam is just routine for us because we want provide maximum of personalized eye care and attention.
Dr. Ganelis graduated the University of Southern California with highest honors. She performed extensive research at Cedar-Sinai Medical Center, University of California at Los Angeles, before entering Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She trained at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Wilmer Eye Institute. She then worked at Evanston Hospital, Northwestern University Medical Center, where she completed transitional internship year in internal medicine department. She then became a part of Doheny Eye Institute before joining Ventura Eye Institute. She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Ganelis developed meticulous techniques to perform procedures most successfully based on her thorough evaluation and extensive training and experience. She recommend surgical procedures only after careful examinations and discussions about risks and benefits resulting in many happy patient.
Dr. Ganelis is married and has a son. Her husband Alex is an entrepreneur and a founder of two software companies. Her son Ariel has a passion for reading and and is an avid swimmer. They enjoy travel and spending family time together.
- Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery, 2009, Executive Editors: James P. Dunn, MD; Paul D. Langer, MD, FACS
- Bykhovskaya Ganelis I., Thorne JE, Kempen, JH, Dunn JP, Jabs DA. Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease: clinical outcomes. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005 Oct;140(4):674-8.
- Bykhovskaya Ganelis I., Lim JI . Effect of ranibizumab (Lucentis) treatment on visual acuity and OCT central thickness in patients who had previously been treated with other anti-VEGF agents compared to treatment naïve patients. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2007;48: ARVO E-Abstract #291.
- Bykhovskaya Ganelis I., Azen S, TorresM , Varma R. Optic Disc Hemorrhage in Latinos: The Los Angeles Latino Eye Study. Presented at ARVO 2008, program # 5451/A8.
- Chang MA, Congdon NG, Bykhovskaya Ganelis I., Munoz B, West SK. The association between myopia and various subtypes of lens opacity: SEE (Salisbury Eye Evaluation) project. Ophthalmology. 2005 Aug;112(8):1395-401.
- Bykhovskaya Ganelis I. Ophthalmology Web: Doheny Grand Rounds: Coats’ Disease
- Bykhovskaya Ganelis I. Ophthalmology Web: Doheny Grand Rounds: Photodynamic Therapy for Von Hippel-Lindau Disease
- Bykhovskaya Ganelis I. Ophthalmology Web: Doheny Grand Rounds: Central Areolar Choroidal Dystrophy
- Galor A, Davis J, Flynn H, Feuer W, Dubovy S, Setlur V, Kesen M, Goldstein D, Tessler H, Bykhovskaya Ganelis I, Jabs D, Thorne J. Sympathetic ophthalmia: Incidence of ocular complications and vision loss in the sympathizing eye. Am J Ophthalmol. Accepted.
- Fournier, M., Z.-S. Huang, B. Cercek, H. Li, I. Bykhovskaya Ganelis, M.I. Lewis. Administration of insulin-like growth factor-I and corticosteroids in emphysematous hamsters: Influence on diaphragm IGF-I. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 161:A18, 2000.
- Lewis, M.I., Z.-S. Huang, I. Bykhovskaya Ganelis, B. Cercek, H. Li, M.S. Biring, M. Fournier. The influence of varying degrees of malnutrition on insulin-like growth factor-I in the rat diaphragm. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 161:A18, 2000.
- M. Chen, T. Atha, K. Lipman, Y. Huang, I. Bykhovskaya Ganelis, and D.T. Woodley. Characterization of Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Mutations in Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Using Site-Directed Mutagenesis. Presented at the International Investigative Dermatology Meeting. Department of Medicine, University of Southern California, CA. I. Invest. Dermatol. 121:282. 2003.